Colorado Baby-Friendly Hospital Collaborative
The Colorado Baby-Friendly Hospital Collaborative helps Colorado improve breastfeeding rates and practices by helping maternity hospitals achieve Baby-Friendly designation. We support participating hospitals by providing training, resources and opportunities to improve policies and processes that impact breastfeeding outcomes.
- Benefits of Baby-Friendly - Information for hospital leadership.
- Sharing the Knowledge, June 6, 2017:
- Handouts | CBFHC June Handouts.
- HQIP Baby-Friendly incentive information: Hospital Provider Fee Oversight and Advisory Board - Colorado Department of Health Care Policy and Financing | 2017 HQIP Information | 2018 HQIP Proposed Measures Draft.
- Quality Improvement = Baby-Friendly and the State of Breastfeeding in Colorado, March 7, 2017:
- Formula for Success, December 6, 2016:
- Education is Key, June 7, 2016:
- Destination Dreams, March 8, 2016:
- Presentation slides | Destination Dreams | Data Collection | Ensuring Safe Skin-to-Skin.
- Handouts | Bibliography: Final Sudden Unexpected Postnatal Collapse.
- Wrap It Up!: Finalizing Your Baby-Friendly Journey, December 8, 2015:
- Anticipating the Finish Line: Preparing for the Site Visit and Final Barriers, June 2015:
- Setting the Course: Implementing Guidelines and Overcoming Barriers on Your Journey, March 2015.
- Sharing Best Practices for Accomplishing Skills Competencies for Maternity Staff, Dec. 2014.
- Step 3: Prenatal Connections, Dec. 2013.
- Data Collection: The Joint Commission and Baby-Friendly Requirements: Karen Peters, MBA, RD, IBCLC, executive director, Breastfeed LA, September 2013.
Going Baby-Friendly Webinars
- The Business Case for Becoming a Baby-Friendly Hospital for hospital CEOs: Marianne Neifert, April 2013.
- The Business Case for Becoming a Baby-Friendly Hospital, Parts 1 & 2: Marianne Neifert, March 2013.
- Being a Baby-Friendly Hospital in Colorado: Karen Moore, MSN, RN-C, IBCLC, APN Poudre Valley Health Systems, September 2013.
- Linking Direction and Motivation to Engender Staff Buy-In: Marianne Neifert, M.D., FAAP, September 2013.
- Hiking the Mountain One Step at a Time: The Path to Baby-Friendly: Karen Peters, MBA, RD, IBCLC, executive director, Breastfeed LA, September 2013.
- Influencing Behavior Change - Hand Washing video, September 2013.